Tuesday 13 September 2016

For my little Tinee-Winnee

cough, colds and   flu-
is how it started off
and who would ever knew ?
from there emerges, your tiny existence
-completely blew me off !

then my senses all went haywire
as suddenly, I began to smell
something... beyond... foul...
that i'd rather step on a barbed wire!

and with  those two red stripes-
you unveiled the curtain
on that dipping stick-
there it goes!
hundred percent certain!

As soon as your future dad found out,
on his face-curved a happy little grin
and for me... 
who is your mum to be... 
It's a  roller coaster.
 from within.

Hence my craving changes,
from week after week.
and on a daily basis,
I would rather feel weak.

my energy ,all drained
hitting rock-bottom low.
strain,  stress; 
As inside me,
like a bolt of lightning,
you grow.                              

more than that-
there's emotional exhaustion,
where your mommy felt-
she's at her lowest proportion

fingers crossed.
that you hear not,
those evenings- 
she weeps
and fears a lot.

but on a bright note
have you also heard?
mummy's sweet, excited voice
delightly calling: 'Tineee.... Winneee...'
well I hope,   for you ...
it's not a  disturbing noise!

but nonetheless
my little tinee winnee
your mummy and daddy
just can't  wait to see you
in a jiffy!

and the truth, all our space-
we allow you- to conquer!
and the  time of your arrival ,
is all we've sought after!

Soon...
In the outside world...
mummy will push you out
which may be painful, so to speak
beyond the shadow of a doubt!

But after all-
Mummy can bravely sustain 
As there is no guts
There is no glory
And where there is no pain 
There's no wonderful gain

for most mom -to-be's
labor must be-
God's hateful punishment
though your  mum disagrees,

for  it is indeed---nature's most-
intriguing entity
where something , widely understood
as soft.. as gentle..as  femininity
puts every woman to the highest pedestal
when she ultimately delivers a new-born
isn't that, intensely PHENOMENAL!

hence, from now on
time is ticking
and not for long enough-
water finally breaks...
ripe for its picking!
how can it be,
that's creation's mysterious wonder,
unimaginable, never explainable
if one would ever ponder
but for me, as a mother
there is just one special thing
it is - pure love 
surpassing anything else.
nothing ever.

life's mysteries,
may remain to be unsolved.
but for a mother like me,
well,  it can be resolved!
for however illogical it may sound
the first glance at your child
is overwhelmingly profound!

in  full-stop. 
The world will come.
that moment, 
beautiful tinee winnee-
seeks refuge 
in my bosom.
and from there 
I will reach 
full understanding-
of LOVE.
above all
coming in full circle
never- ending.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment